Today my two random dolls were randomly selected from my list of custom dolls, LRC Charmers and The Cool Ones. They dont have names; they're both prototypes for future dolls.
Both the dolls use face sculpts by Pat Secrist (I adore Secrist faces!): Annette on the left, and Punkin the little princess on the right.
Onto Part II of my First-Borns Project. (Again apologies for poor lighting. I had zero% natural sunlight as the skies rained for days!)
So I had fairly good success with my first two First-Borns, English Boy and Punkin Princess (for lack of better names). So I grabbed another four blank heads and got to work on them. Read more about First-Borns Part II
They won't be here for a week maybe, so in the meantime, I started working on a new pattern, a fantasy-type frock. It will be perfect for a witch dress, and just in time for Halloween! Read more about LRC Fant'sy Frock in the Works
But I got better as I went along. I did the lighter color first--not too bad. But I got a bit closer to the vinyl color on the second. In fact I'd say it's a nearly perfect match! They look great, pretty close, and I learned a bit about dying cloth. Read more about Cloth Body Progress - Dying to Match
Some will probably find my headless dancing doll disturbing; all apologies. ;) But it's necessary. Before the head goes on, I have to be sure the rest of the body works as it should--and looks good too, which I think it does. Read more about Coming to Life
So far I've managed to cobble together a set of working upper arms that don't look too bad actually, and integrate fairly well considering the limits of 3/4 vinyl limbs. Read more about Cloth Body Progress - Arms Test